Tonight I finished installing the heated pitot systems. I mounted the pitot heat regulator to the middle access cover of the left wing. I decided to use Molex connectors on everything so future maintenance will be easier. I also test fit the pitot tube now that the push/pull tube is installed. There was some interference with the pitot lines and the torque tube coming out of the heated pitot tube. I had to shorten the lines coming out of the tube even more.
Today I cut the hole in the bottom skin for the Gretz pitot mast and fabricated the doubler plates and reinforcement angle. This all had to be self engineered so the process was slow moving, but everything came out good. I ordered some White powder coating to finish the pitot mast. It should be here Tuesday. I also drilled another hole in the first few wing ribs and relocated the magnometer wiring to the new hole.
Tonight I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out how I could enlarge some of the systems holes that I drilled earlier. Based on Van’s wiring and pitot routing, the plans are optimized for using the Dynon ADHRS mounted in the wing. The pitot and AOA lines terminate a few bays shy of the root. So Van’s put’s wire in those holes once you get inboard of that location.
Tonight I fabricated the landing light lens for the right wing. I also installed the Aeroled landing light and began wiring the right wing Landing light and lens installed Landing light lens fabricated and ready to go in Autopilot servo, aileron trim servo and light wires installed
Tonight I fabricated the landing light lens for the left wing. I had worked on it a couple of weeks ago but I cracked it. The replacement got delivered last week. Take two and all went well. I also installed the Aeroled landing light and began wiring the left wing Landing light with lens installed Had to make spacers for the landing light bracket. Decided to use the lathe to make them The spacers Starting to install the wires